God is reminding us today!

God is reminding us today!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sometimes, we have to “keep distance…”


“I want to pick you up each time you fall, I want to cheer you up each time you frown, I want to ease you each time you’re stressed, I want to calm you down each time you flare up, I want to clear out your mind from bugs when you think that people are against you…”

“I intend to teach you the wisdom that you need when loads are heavy, I intend to make you feel that I am just here in support of the good things that you do, I intend to save you from committing mistakes when you think you seem so right…”

“…BUT, your reactions, your ways of thinking and ways of feeling never allow me. Your justifications keep on pushing me away.  Your self-centered beliefs has created the wall that hinders you from seeing and from realizing -- that all that I intended, and all that I wanted is to help you become the person that God wants you to be.”

“Nevertheless, how I still wanted to give you a hug just for you to know that things will soon be fine and for you to feel that despite the pain that you’ve inflicted in me because most of the time you misunderstood me, still, I will keep on searching for ways ‘till you eventually understand, because I know, deep within my heart that YOU ARE A WORK IN PROGRESS.”

“There may be times when I will have to keep distance, to give you the chance to listen to my silence and make you look within, hoping that you would grab the opportunity to reflect on things and to see the difference when you decide to also look up and ask if I would still be back so that you could cope and make up.”

“This is never easy, but because the Holy Spirit keeps on working in me, I will also never give up on you, my child…’till that day you’ll eventually let go of your pride and let your FAITH in God lead you closer to Him  .”

These lines, I have personally composed for my kids and for the youths of today’s time. I am pretty sure that most parents would also want to boost these lines to their kids, specially those who feel the intensity of manifesting the love when we forgive despite the pain and in never giving up, notwithstanding the difficulty through the force of the Holy Spirit for the purpose of building a “church” in every child.

In recollection, I have several times told my students that such “church” is actually our “personal relationship with Jesus”. I personally feel that we should be channels of this personal relationship which we could sample-out to our kids so that they may witness for themselves the difference of a life in God.#

No comments: